Your Nook & OverDrive
Your Nook & OverDrive
Follow the steps below and you’ll be reading free eBooks from the library in a few minutes.
Before you get started, you will need to create a free account with Adobe.Go to http://adobe.ly/newadobeid to sign up with Adobe. Click ‘Don’t have an Adobe ID’ to get started.
- Fill in the form.
- Uncheck the ‘Stay informed’ box if you don’t want to receive email from Adobe.
- Click ‘Create’.
- You have created your Adobe ID.
- Adobe may ask you for more information. You can provide it if you want but it is not necessary.
Did you write your password down? Is it something you can easily remember? Let’s get started!
Step One–Download Adobe Digital Editions
- This is the software you will use to manage all of the eBooks you check out from the library. You must have this installed on your computer. Visit http://adobe.ly/deditions and follow the instructions for downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions.
- Once Adobe Digital Editions is installed you will be asked to authorize your computer.
- Use the email address and password you created above to authorize your computer.
- Download any other software required for your device (ex. Sony Reader requires Reader Library software).
Step Two–Find and download a book
Now that you have Adobe Digital Editions installed, it’s time to find something good to read.
- Go to Blue Ridge Download Consortium
- Browse or search for an eBook you want.
- Click ‘Borrow’.
- Enter your library card number.
- Click the ‘Download’ button.
- Select EPUB eBook.
- Click on ‘Confirm & Download’.
- Download the book to your computer.
- If prompted, choose to open the file.
- Adobe Digital Editions will open automatically when the book is done downloading.
- You are ready to read!
Step Three–Transfer the book to your Nook
Time to take that book on the road. Let’s transfer it to your Nook.
- Connect your Nook to your computer.
- A link for your Nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions.(The first time you use a new device with Adobe Digital Editions, you will be prompted to ‘authorize’ it. If prompted, follow the instructions on your screen, using the Adobe ID created above.)
- Click on the eBook you want to transfer.
- Drag and drop the eBook to the link for your Nook under ‘Devices’.
- The eBook is transferred to your Nook.
- Disconnect your Nook.
- Your eBook will not show up where your B&N books are stored. Look for it in ‘My Documents’ or ‘My Files’.
- Our OverDrive site is Blue Ridge Download Consortium
Need more help? Contact us at CFPL.