Follow the steps below and you’ll be listening to free Audiobooks from the library in a few minutes.
With OverDrive Media Console you can download and transfer Audiobooks from your computer to your .mp3 player and/or smartphone.
Step One-Download OverDrive Media Console
This is the software you will use to manage all of the Audiobooks you check out from the library via OverDrive. You must have this installed ON YOUR COMPUTER (not a library computer). You can’t download OverDrive Audiobooks directly to your personal media player.
- Visit http://overdrive.com/software/omc and follow the instructions for downloading and installing the latest version of the OverDrive Media Console.
- If you are using a Windows computer, you will probably have to upgrade the Windows Media Player Security.
- Go to Tools > Windows Media Player Security Upgrade and follow the prompts.
Step Two-Find a book to download
Now that you have OverDrive Media Console installed it’s time to find an audiobook to listen to.
- Go to Blue Ridge Download Consortium
- Browse or search for an Audiobook you want.
- Click ‘Borrow’.
- Click the ‘Download’ button.
- Select a format.
- Some audiobooks will give you the option of choosing the MP3 or WMA Audiobook formats.
- Click ‘Confirm & Download’.
- Download the book to your computer.
- If prompted, choose to open the file.
- Your book will be divided into different parts. Select some or all of them to download.
Step Three-Transfer the book to your device
Time to take that book on the road. Let’s transfer it to your media player.
- Connect your player to your computer.
- Select on the Audiobook you want to transfer.
- Click ‘Transfer’.
- Follow the prompts and select your device from the dropdown menu labeled ‘Player’when given the chance.
- Choose the parts you want to transfer.
- Your Audiobook will be transferred to your device.
- Disconnect your device.
Note: if you are using an Apple device you will need to have iTunes open to transfer your Audiobook. You will also have to select the ‘Manually manage audio and video’ option within iTunes the first time you transfer an Audiobook to your device.
Our OverDrive site is Blue Ridge Download Consortium
Need more help? Contact us at CFPL.